How do I use my Lincoln vehicle's Trip Computer?
The trip computer in your vehicle keeps track of the time and distance you have traveled. The trip computer has several menu options that you can access by using the five-way controls on your steering wheel. Press down, up, left and OK to scroll through the options, which include:
- Distance to Empty - Indicates the approximate distance your vehicle can travel before running out of fuel.
- Trip Odometer - Registers the distance you have traveled on an individual trip.
- Trip Timer - Keeps track of how long each trip takes. The timer stops when you turn your vehicle off and restarts when you restart your vehicle.
- Average Fuel - Shows the average fuel economy for a given trip.
- Outside Temperature - Shows the outside air temperature.
- Digital Odometer - Tracks the overall distance you have traveled.
- All Values - Shows the Distance to Empty, Trip Odometer, Trip Timer, and Average Fuel.
Setting your trip odometer to track an individual trip:
- Scroll to either the Trip Odometer, Trip Timer, or Average Fuel screen using the five-way steering wheel controls.
- Press and hold the OK button until you see the status bar loading.
- When the status bar fills in all the way, your computer will be reset.
Resetting all trip computers:
- Scroll to the All Values screen using the five-way steering wheel controls.
- Press and hold OK until you see that the computer is reset to zero.
Changing the Display Information:
- Go to Settings from the main menu.
- Select Display. Choose one of the following options:
- Measure Unit or Distance depending on your vehicle
Note: Some vehicles may come with an additional trip computer, Trip 2. It has the same features as Trip 1, and makes keeping track of multiple trips easier.