How Do I Use Available Phone As A Key If I Have a Lost or Dead Smartphone?
Phone As A Key works like your vehicle’s key fob to lock/unlock doors, remotely start/stop your vehicle and more through the Lincoln Way™ app on your smartphone.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU CAN'T ACCESS PHONE AS A KEY
Relax. We can help you. Just follow these steps, and you'll soon be on the road again.
- Enter the Personal Door Keypad Code that was created during setup.
- Start the vehicle by pressing the brake and the push-to-start button. No key detected message appears in the cluster and then SYNC screen will display a welcome animation. Once completed, a password entry screen will appear.
- Enter your Backup Start Passcode created during Backup setup.
- Once the system validates the backup starting code, a message alerts you to start your vehicle.
- Press the brake and the start button within 20 seconds to start the engine and drive away. If your vehicle does not start, repeat these steps.
NOTE: It may be necessary to press the brake pedal and press the start button again if the password entry screen does not appear when Welcome animation completes.