How do I request a Safety and Emissions Compliance Letter for my Lincoln?

Contact the Lincoln Client Relationship Center in the country you live in to receive a compliance letter. Ensure you have your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) available, as it is required.

For vehicles built for sale in the United States or Canada, a compliance letter certifies that the vehicle complies with all applicable U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) safety and emissions requirements at the time of manufacture and confirms a vehicle's:

  • Build date.
  • Build plant.
  • Flexible fuel usage (if applicable). 

Drafted on Lincoln stationery, these letters may fulfill the required documentation needs concerning a vehicle's origin or flexible fuel usage. 

If you purchased a Lincoln chassis, you may also need a compliance letter from any companies that modified your vehicle. This would include alternate fuel, body, and other alterations. You will need to contact companies who have made modifications directly to procure any additional compliance letters, as Lincoln cannot provide these.

Note: If your vehicle was built for use in countries other than the U.S. and Canada, visit the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website for a list of registered importers.

Información adicional

¿Cómo puedo solicitar un certificado de conformidad?
¿Cómo puedo solicitar una carta de constancia de retiro del mercado?
¿Cómo puedo solicitar un certificado de autenticidad?